Spring Holidays & Gifting
March 21, 2023
There is so much to celebrate in Spring, and we have you covered for every holiday along the way! Get inspired with fun ideas to celebrate.
Easter is happening early this year so don’t let it creep up on you! Sunday, April 9, is right around the corner. If you’re hosting Easter brunch this year, here are some tips to elevate your tablescape.
- The first step in setting a seasonal table is adding a festive napkin. You can take your presentation a step further by folding it in a festive design as well. Bunny ears for Easter are so easy and add a whimsical touch to your setting.
- Next, create a centerpiece to bring the whole theme together. Florals are an obvious and beautiful option for an Easter tablescape. Another fun option is filling a bowl with papier mache eggs or stuffed carrots.
- Finally, seasonal platters and serveware add an elevated look. To get the most use out of your seasonal platters, opt for ones that don’t have the holiday name on them like Easter or Christmas. Choosing one with bunnies or seasonal motifs instead allows you to use them past the end of the holiday.
If you’re not hosting this year, make sure you don’t show up empty-handed (especially after just reading how much can go into being the host)! A classic and favorite hostess gift is a tea towel, platter or cheese board, and a bottle of wine. If you’re going to a brunch, swap for a bottle of Champagne or Rosé!
We love being a part of you and your family’s Easter traditions. Be sure to tag us @mudpiegift on instagram so we can see!
easter decor + gifts
Cinco de Mayo
Who else will take any excuse to eat tacos and drink margaritas! Here are a few fun ideas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at home with your kids or friends.
- Have a build your own nacho bar
- Unlimited salsa, queso and guacamole without the upcharge
- A customized Margarita bar! Have each friend bring a different ingredient or mixer
- Not into regular tacos? How about brunch tacos with waffles, fruit and whipped cream!
- Exchange recipes for homemade queso and guacamole
- Host a paint your own margarita glass night
- Make quesadillas for dinner for your kids and cut them into fun shapes
cinco de mayo
Mother’s Day is such a special day to honor and acknowledge the women in our lives who do so much for us. Gifts for mom don’t need to be elaborate, although they most certainly can be! They just need to be thoughtful. Here are a few of our favorite gifts:
For new moms:
- A commemorative gift of when she became a mom is something she will keep forever, like a “Mom est. 2023” mug.
- A chenille robe (spit up free) and super soft slippers is the perfect gift for her to relax in.
- Receiving a printed picture feels extra special these days. Find a recent picture of the kids and add it to a sweet frame for an easy gift she can look at every day.
- Have the kids give grandma a baking gift, like a brownie pan or a banana pudding bowl, and bake with her for a fun activity together.
For long time moms and grandmas:
- You can never go wrong with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Take it the next step further and put them in a sentimental vase.
- Treat her to some pampering, whether at the house or at a real spa. Add some new loungewear to the gift so she is all set.
For all moms:
mother's day gifts
In addition to honoring fallen military members, many observe Memorial Day as the unofficial first day of summer. That means the pools are open, school is out, and BBQ and grilling season is in full swing. If you’re heading to the lake or beach for the long weekend, you need to make sure you’re packing these Memorial Day essentials:
- S’mores skewers and serving set
- Melamine serving platters and trays - shatter proof and light enough to pack
- Patriotic apparel for you and the kids is a must
- Cooler totes to keep all of your drinks chilled
- UPF 50+ swimsuits for your kids