November 01, 2021
Gather, gobble, and go home! We’ve got everything you need to host an unforgettable Thanksgiving. We’ve set the table for your best Thanksgiving, or Friendsgiving, ever!
How to Host Thanksgiving
We’re feeling thankful, grateful and blessed for another year of celebrating the holidays with family and friends! We know the prep for Thanksgiving can feel daunting, so we’re here to help you dress your table with ease to host a beautiful formal thanksgiving feast! Personalize each place setting with customized name cards! We love the idea of using a Cricut to punch out individual names and add to your favorite place holders. Double each place setting as a fun take-home gift. While the turkey is the star of the show, you will definitely want to spruce up your setting with fall décor pieces that will only add to the Thanksgiving feast spread! Decor Tip: Use fresh fall florals, mini pumpkins and gourds to fill empty space around your table and bring the natural harvest vibes of the season in!
Friendsgiving Hosting Ideas
Friendsgiving? There’s an app for that! From yummy chip and dip combos, to beautiful and savory meat and cheese plates, we have the serve ware perfect for getting your Friendsgiving started off right. Before turkey time, it’s thanks-dipping time! Serve up your favorite pre-dinner snacks in your favorite Mud Pie dip bowl. Make this a fun event! Have everyone bring your favorite dips. Our personal favorite is a classic cheese ball. Here is the recipe from the Mud Pie kitchen:
Classic Cheese Ball
16 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
1. Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth, Add cheese, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and mix until combined.
2. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and gather the mixture into one lump. Lightly grease your hands and form the mixture into a round ball.
3. Place the pecans on a plate. Hold the cheese ball in one hand and use the other hand to scoop the pecans onto the outside of the ball, pressing them in gently and turning the ball to coat all sides.
4. Cover the cheeseball in cling wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow it to firm up. Serve with crackers, pretzels, vegetables or anything else you'd love to dip in cheese.
Pick a side, any side! The best part of a Friendsgiving feast has got to be the scrumptious side dishes! Give thanks for the food before you… especially the scrumptious side dishes! Some would argue that is the best part of Thanksgiving dinner! Our serving bowls will serve your salad, stuffing or macaroni and cheese beautifully. Opt for a traditional sweet potato casserole, or try something new with individual twice baked sweet potatoes! Whichever you decide, serve em’ up with Mud Pie.
Condiments are key when preparing your Thanksgiving table spread. Serve cranberry sauce and gravy in thoughtful containers, while serving butter on a themed dishes. Finish your meal with a delectable pumpkin pie! You can’t end a night of eating, drinking and giving thanks without a sweet treat for dessert! Whether you choose a seasonal classic like pumpkin and pecan pie, or a fruity delight such as apple or peach, the “pie’s the limit”! Check out a recipe from the Mud Pie kitchen, which perfect for your next Friendsgiving extravaganza:
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
2 large eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt
1 unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Place your ready pie crust into oven safe bake ware
3. In a large mixing bowl, add canned pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, spices and salt. Stir until mixture is smooth
4. Slowly pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust
5. Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
6. Continue baking pie for additional 30-45 minutes
7. Let the pie cool for several hours then garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon
Whether you are dressing up or down for Thanksgiving, our comfy and trendy styles ensure there is room for seconds! Opt for simple and comfortable this Thanksgiving day with your favorite Mud Pie cardigan! Paired perfectly with leggings or jeans, we love this cardigan layered over our closet staple, a classic turtleneck. One-size wonders are ideal for staying stylish and comfortable for the big feast! Dress up your holiday meal look with our Fall dresses that feature a loose, flowy fit that will have you looking and feeling great after those second helpings!
Picture perfect styles this season are here and better than ever! There is something about cooler weather that gets us excited about fall adventures, fun gatherings and of course family photos. Make sure to pick up a classic Mud Pie scarf. Style your scarf over your favorite tunic or sweater, and dressed up or down with leggings or jeans, this piece is sure to take your photos to the next level! Sticking with on-trend rustic autumn hues is a great starting point for selecting coordinating outfits for your whole family this season. Heading outdoors for your fall family photos? Opt for Mud Pie outerwear. Don’t forget your favorite Mud Pie accessories.
Once you have gathered and eaten until your heart is content, it is time to share sweet family memories, traditions and thankful thoughts! Share your favorite family moments with us on social @mudpiegift